Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Uncharted Territories



Google Images


  An uncharted territory simply put is a new or unfamiliar state, or an unmapped area.   I got to thinking about the definition and quickly realized it’s ME!  It is my first time to live in a new town, to be married for almost 11 years, to be a mom of 3 girls, to start a blog, to make new friends, to begin some new adventures and so on. For others it may be starting a business, having a baby or not having a baby, training for a marathon, marriage ups and downs, depression, adoption, or just living each day!  Friends, our stories may be different but we all wake up each morning in a territory yet traveled on our own!

google images

  In an uncharted territory there is no map key, nothing to tell me when to slow down, or speed up, turn left or right, climb a mountain or slide down it.  Jesus was constantly working in uncharted territories.  I can imagine Jesus spent many nights not knowing what the next day had in store but still found rest.  It did not stop him from healing the blind, bringing Lazarus back from death, talking to prostitutes, feeding millions with a basket of fish and bread, mingling with the poor, loving on children and so much more. He was equipped through the Holy Spirit.  And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another advocate (counselor/helper) to help you and be with you forever— the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you.”  John 14-16 Jesus dismissed frustration, fear, hunger, pain, stress/anxiousness, envy, and uncertainty through the Holy Spirit.  His journey was guided each step of the way. Lucky for me I can follow the same guide in my daily tasks. Whether it is of normal daily routine or something unplanned, asking the Holy Spirit to be involved and asking Him for wisdom makes it easier to navigate through MY own uncharted territory!

  Approaching each day as if it is my first time to do it helps me tackle it with more of a profound purpose and also keeps me more aware of others.  I feel as though my heart approaches others differently when I also accept that they too are facing an unfamiliar place.  I can call on the Holy Spirit anytime and so can you!  He gives me a map key to know how to wade through the waters of frustration, monotony, confusion, and busy life moments.  He gives me grace when I need it most.  He also brings to light the AWESOMENESS inside each day. 

  Holy Spirit, while we may feel totally lost during certain moments today, please be our concrete guide to joyfully make it from point A to point B without a map key.

Living Biblical Advice:

"Trust in the Lord, with all your heart and don't depend on your own understanding. Seek His will in all you do and He will show you which path to take."  Proverbs 3:5-6

  You make known to me the path of life; in your presence there is fullness of joy; at your right hand are pleasures forevermore.  Psalms 16:11

Real Life Application Challenge:

  Personally read the Bible passages this week about the Power of the Holy Spirit. (Use the index!) Then utilize His power in your own life.



Be Brave,


Kirsi

No comments:

Post a Comment